Thursday, May 24, 2012

Finally---May's Button!





May is supposed to be emerald, but I took some artistic liberties and used the colors of green that I had on hand.  Also, this one is a bit smaller...measuring in at about an inch.  Also in the spirit of using what I have on hand :)  I'll use the smaller (cuter) ones for the remainder of the year, and I will also be making them as buttons instead of a brooch.  Still want to wear yours when you win?  A safety pin is all you need!  


Enter to win by leaving a comment on this post! Get your name in a second time by posting to your Facebook account, or pinning to Pinterest! Be sure to come back and let me know you've posted elsewhere. Easy, yes?  


I will give you a bit of extra time this month since I am so late with posting!  Check back to see if I draw your name!


Emeralds:


There are many myths associated with the emerald. The stone was once believed to prevent epilepsy, stop bleeding, cure dysentery and fever, and protect the wearer from panic. Its magnificent green color was said to rest and relieve the eye. To the ancient Romans, emeralds were dedicated to the goddess Venus because the green emerald symbolized the reproductive forces of nature. Early Christians saw it as a symbol of the resurrection of Christ. In the Middle Ages, emeralds were believed to hold the power to foretell the future.

3 comments:

christina said...

Way Cool, yet again!!!

Thanks for all the Beautiful Works!!!

christina

matkat said...

Very Pretty!
Love the different shades of green.
The colors just sparkle.
Love the idesa of the size being smaller also.
kathy

sootfoot5 said...

this is like totally cool! I'd love some directions on how to make this!