Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Some of you that know me well know that I have been obsessed with birds lately. I think it's due to the early-morning singing going on outside my window, or maybe it's the blogs I visit that are influencing me--everyone seems to be having the same love affair right now! I've have been trying to get a good (even passable!) bird shaped out of my glass rods--many bird-shaped blobs of glass have been dunked into the water, shattering the hot glass into shards. But I think I have finally got something that, on first glance, resembles a bird.
I love the way they look on this display--all nested up and ready to go to their new homes!!

6 comments:

Stephanie Haussler said...

Jodie, They do look very birdy! On the slightly demented side, they resemble birdy kabobs! Sad to see a healthy mind go wacky!

Jodie said...

Bird-kabobs! I love that! Thanks for the laugh today!!

The bad Liz said...

Bird kabobs!! How funny is that? I love the little birds! They look so cute!

freebird said...

How strong are these beads? They would look so great as a windchime!

Jodie said...

Liz--Thanks! I liek them too!

Freebird--I don't know--they are glass, btu I think as long as it wasn't too windy (like here in Nebraska) they would be fine!

Anonymous said...

I like your birdy kabobs! They look even better in person! Great job!

-Tonia